Cove Coffee Celebrates Three Years of Business

Hot Cocoa with Homemade Pop-tarts, image from Cove Coffee Facebook page

Makayla Kellem, Reporter/Photographer

Recently Cove Coffee celebrated their three year anniversary. Cove Coffee is a small, locally-owned café located in Mountain Home right off of the historic square, at 714 South Baker Street. Cove is open on Tuesday through Friday, from 7am to 2pm, and on Saturday from 8am to 12pm. This shop has quickly become a routine stop for many students and teachers by providing a warm environment for individuals to come in and relax before starting the day. 

Junior Ty Lawrence has been working at Cove for a little over a year and commented, “In my opinion, the difference between any other coffee shop and Cove is the environment when you step inside. It’s inviting and welcomes you to take a seat and appreciate the people and things around you. Many people have also bonded with the owner, Kelsey, in such a way that keeps them coming back.”

Lawrence continued, “My favorite part of working there are the close relationships I’ve formed with my co-workers and boss. We have a small staff so we have gotten to know each other pretty well.”

The owner and staff have both worked tirelessly to create the establishment that Cove is today, hoping for many more successful years to come. The interior of the shop is fully furnished with couches, recliners, reading nooks, and study corners for students to relax and work while inside.

Lawrence added, “My favorite drink is pretty much anything with cinnamon in it, but I love a white mocha with cinnamon added.”

Customer and Junior, Emma Killian stated, “I love the Dirty Chai from Cove Coffee because it’s not as sweet as a regular chai latte. It has coffee in it, more caffeine, and it’s so good. It’s so pretty inside too. I love it there.”