Hootin’ for Halloween

A guide to Mountain Home’s 2021 Halloween Activities

Kelen Campbell, Reporter/Photographer

Leaves begin to change colors and fall to the ground around Mountain Home. As the chilly winds approach, so does Halloween. Here are some spooky activities to enjoy for the holiday. 

Cooper Park in Mountain Home conducted their annual free “Trunk or Treat” event on Saturday, October 6, from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Due to Covid restrictions, the event was a drive-thru on the trail. Students from clubs around Mountain Home High School attended to hand out candy and it was a fun and successful event.

Mountain Home Berry Farm is hosting their annual “Fall Festival” event on October 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 29th, 30th, and 31st, as well as November 5th, 6th, 7th from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. Activity passes are available for $7.00 for ages 3 and older. 

Fields of Terror’s Haunted House and Zombie Paintball event is being held every Friday and Saturday from October 1st to October 31st. The tickets cost $15.00 for the Haunted House, along with $15.00 for the Paintball. Or, you can purchase tickets for both activities for $25.00. 

Fun and Safe Halloween is being held on Saturday, October 30th in Batesville, Arkansas. Main Street will be closed to allow the public to visit stores safely. 

Spooktacular Weekend is being held on Friday, October 29th and Saturday, October 30h in Mammoth Spring, Arkansas 

Spooktacular Business Expo and Hiring Event will be held on Thursday, October 28th in Heber Springs, Arkansas from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm. This is a great opportunity to learn about job openings in Heber Springs.

MHHS Students were interviewed about what activities they were looking forward to the most. 

“Fields of Terror seems like a really fun time. I enjoy the adrenaline from Haunted Houses, and I’m excited to practice my paintball skills” says junior Tyler Belin.

“I want to go to Fields of Terror with my friends because I think it would be funny to watch them get scared,” says junior Hunter Terrill. 

Sophomore Casey Ring also said “Fields of Terror, I like looking at the costumes”

“I think the Pumpkin Patch will be a lot of fun, I want to enjoy the activities they have, like the sunflower fields and the petting zoo, with my friends.” Said Junior, Miranda Stopka.

While enjoying the Fall Festivities that Mountain Home and surrounding areas have to offer, remember to be smart and stay safe, and enjoy your Halloween.