The Bombers are Back!

Micaela McLean, Reporter

August has rolled around once again, and we all know what that means. School is back in session for the 2021-2022 school year. Another group of students has left which means a new group is beginning their sophomore year at Mountain Home High School. 

We all know how it feels to come to a new school: weird, awkward, and a little scary. But there’s an upside to coming to an unfamiliar place: you get to form new relationships and open a new chapter in your life. 

“I probably miss the teachers the most out of everything from the Junior High,” says Sophomore Bentleigh Croom, “I had gotten to know the staff really well and now I have to do new introductions all over again and it’s awkward.”

Adjusting to a new school is always a difficult thing to do for the newcomers.

“I haven’t been adjusting very well,” says Sophomore Cheyla Leaming, “the work is so hard it makes me want to cry.”

This will be the last school the class of 2024 will attend before graduating. It’s always a surreal moment when you realize that your high school career will be over in just a few short years, and these Sophomores are definitely feeling it. 

“It’s very scary realizing this is the last school I’ll be at,” says Croom, “when you were younger you knew that you had the next school to go to but this is the end of the road.”

These Sophomores are being proactive at the beginning of this new school year by setting goals for themselves by the time the 2021-2022 school year ends.

Leaming states that her goal is to have “at least a 4.0 GPA.”

Now that the first week of school is complete, these new Sophomores can start getting more comfortable with their new school. Good luck class of 2024!

Photo Creds