Sports Updates

Kassie Kratochvil, Reporter

Spring sports are winding down and teams are playing for the opportunity to go to state.

Girls Soccer

The Mountain Home High School girls’ soccer team was in Van Buren Monday to continue a match previously delayed by the weather. The Lady Bombers ended up in a 2-2 tie with the Lady Pointers.

The match picked up where it left off tied at 1-1 as Lily Hinson scored Mountain Home’s first goal April 23. Kenzie Hatman had the second goal for the Lady Bombers on Monday, and Haven Klinger recorded nine saves.

The girls secured their spot in the state tournament beating Alma 3-0 on Wednesday.

Boys Soccer

The boys’ soccer team had a successful night on Wednesday as they shut out Alma 5-0. James Douglas led Mountain Home with two goals, Gage Slaughter scored a goal and dished out three assists, Chris Matusiak had a goal and two assists, Jack Sheaner added a goal, and Luke Darracq recorded three saves.

Softball

The Mountain Home High School junior varsity softball team ended up with a split Saturday as they played two games at Valley View High School in Jonesboro.

The J.V. Lady Bombers began the day by beating Greene County Tech 4-1. Reagan Hasselwander went two-for-two with a walk, Katelyn Hill was one-for-three with two RBIs, Tori Robb and Mattie Belk each went one-for-two, and Gracie Uchtman was one-for-three.

Mountain Home did not fare as well in the second game as they fell to Valley View 12-3. Uchtman drove in two runs for the J.V. Lady Bombers, Marcie Cudworth was able to bunt Belk home and reach on an error in the third inning, and Belk and Olivia Crabb each went one-for-two.