Sports Updates

Sports+Updates

Kassie Kratochvil, Reporter

Sports Updates

Track
The Mountain Home High School varsity track teams wrapped up the regular season by hosting the Bomber Relays on Monday. The Bombers took the win on the boys’ side, and West Plains finished second. Individually for Mountain Home, Brody Patterson won the 110-meter hurdles and 300-meter hurdles, Whit Lawrence won the 1600-meter run, Parker Wise won the javelin, Brayden Daniel won the pole vault and ended up third in the 200-meter dash, Andrew Westphal won the 3200-meter run and finished fourth in the 1600-meter run, Brady Barnett ended up second in the long jump, Michael Davis was second in the pole vault, Adrian Bzdel took second place in the 110-meter hurdles, Tyler Firment ended up second in the 3200-meter run, Dylan McBride finished second in the 300-meter hurdles and fourth in the high jump, Gage Lindsey took third place in the 100-meter dash, Hendrix Hughes finished third in the 3200-meter run, Cody Abel ended up third in the javelin, Dalton Schaufler was third in the triple jump and fourth in the long jump, Daniel Jones took fourth place in the shot put, Lawson Stockton finished fourth in the 400-meter dash, Anderson Hodges ended up fourth in the 800-meter run, Ian Blair was fifth in the high jump, Tate Penka took fifth place in the shot put, Damian Perales finished fifth in the discus, Landon Speer ended up fifth in the 100-meter dash and 200-meter dash, and Bryson Hodges was fifth in the 800-meter run. In addition, the team of Tatem Beshears, Barnett, Stockton and Schaufler won the 4×200-meter relay; and Ky Bickford, Anderson Hodges, Bryson Hodges and Patterson won the 4×400-meter relay.

Mountain Home finished second on the girls’ side, and West Plains won the meet. For the Lady Bombers, Emma Wilber won the high jump, Marcie Cudworth won the 1600-meter run, Kylee Sabella won the long jump and ended up second in the triple jump, Jordan Ritenburg won the 3200-meter run and was third in the 1600-meter run, Kinsey Taylor took second place in the pole vault, Kamryn Mullin finished second in the 400-meter dash, Cayden Jones was second in the shot put and third in the discus, Leah Hunt took third place in the 3200-meter run and fifth in the 1600-meter run, Riley Schmitz ended up third in the long jump and fifth in the 100-meter hurdles, Britney Jenkins took fourth place in the high jump, Victoria Bevel finished fourth in the shot put, Laurel Chafin ended up fourth in the 100-meter hurdles, Cate Jackson was fourth in the 100-meter dash, and Emily Payne took fourth place in the 800-meter run.

Softball/ Baseball
Baseball and softball make up much of the local Tuesday schedule.
The Mountain Home High School baseball team will be back on the road for a 5A-West varsity doubleheader with Greenwood. The first game gets underway at 4:30.

Baseball and softball make up much of the local Monday schedule.

The Mountain Home junior high softball team will be back at McClain Park as they have another outing with the Softball Academy. The first pitch at Freedom Field is scheduled for 6 p.m.

Soccer

The Mountain Home High School soccer teams will be continue their home stand on Tuesday. The Bombers and Lady Bombers have another 5A-West outing with Vilonia. The boys’ match kicks off at 5 p.m. followed by the girls’ contest.