Track Updates

Track+Updates

Kassie Kratochvil, Reporter

The Mountain Home High School track teams began the season Friday, March 5th by competing in the Pointer Running Festival at Van Buren.

The boy’s team edged out Fort Smith Southside 129-118 to win the meet. Individually for Mountain Home, Brody Patterson won the 110-meter and 300-meter hurdles in PR times, Andrew Westphal won the 1600-meter run and finished second in the 3200-meter run, Whit Lawrence won the 3200-meter run in a PR time and took second in the 1600-meter run, Dylan McBride was third in the 110-meter and the 300-meter hurdles in PR times, Tyler Firment finished fourth in the 1600-meter and fifth in the 3200-meter runs in PR times, and Gage Lindsey was fifth in the 100-meter dash. The team of Hendrix Hughes, Bryson Hodges, Anderson Hodges, and Ty Lawrence won the 4×800-meter relay; Tatem Beshears, Lindsey, Brady Barnett, and Dalton Schaufler won the 4×200-meter relay; and Patterson, Bryson Hodges, McBride, and Schaufler won the 4×400-meter relay.

The Lady Bombers took fourth place in the girls’ team standings. Van Buren won the meet, Waldron was second, and Southside finished third. Jordan Ritenburg led Mountain Home by winning the 800-meter run and ending up second in the 1600-meter run in PR times. Emma Wilber set a PR with a third-place finish in the 300-meter hurdles, Leah Hunt was fourth in the 1600-meter run with a PR time, and Kamryn Mullin took fourth place in the 800-meter run. In addition, the team of Kendall Carter, Hunt, Wilber, and Kinsey Taylor ended up third in the 4×400-meter relay.