Spring Testing Kicks Off with the ACT

Olivia Martin, Reporter/Photographer

This year’s free ACT for Juniors was held on campus on March 2nd for the online test and March  9th for the paper test.  Juniors began to study for their ACT and find reliable sources for test preparation months ago.

One reliable source for anyone studying for their ACT would be OnToCollege. This source has ACT and SAT prep courses and study skills and test-taking strategy videos. 

Mr. Rucker gives a brief overview of the OnToCollege source and what it entails.

On To College is an ACT Preparation program that MHHS provides for each student at the high school. The students may watch videos that give them tips and guided practice for the ACT.  Then, the students take practice tests and they’re able to watch solutions videos afterward in order to learn from any mistakes they may have made. On To College has been used in various classes in the high school as well as by individual students at home. Students are able to login by using their school email address and the password: Bombers1.  I believe the students who take advantage of this program will find it helpful in preparing for the ACT Test”, said Mr. Rucker

Another source, recommended by Coach Curtis, is Crack ACT, this source gives different practice tests for free as well as different study guides for students. 

For students who don’t mind paying for one-on-one studying or a class study session, Clear Path Advantage may be helpful. This source gives a 2-hour class held twice a week for six weeks that students can choose weekday evenings or weekends. They can also choose one on one classes that provide flexibility by being scheduled at convenient times for the students. 

Similarly, Power Source– yet another website — gives students helpful tutoring options and live classes held throughout the week. As well as self-study books and admissions consulting. This source also has free ACT help explaining test day tips and how the ACT is scored. 

The official ACT website gives links to where to get personal prep books and official ACT registration/test dates as well as gives students access to their test scores after taking the ACT.

Coach Goodwin explains how students can prepare for the different scheduling for the test, “11th-grade students have chosen whether they will be taking the test online or via paper test.  Currently, our English teachers are working on preparing students for the testing schedule and expectations.  Even though this year has been unlike any other school year, I fully believe our MHHS staff has fully prepared our students to do very well on the ACT.”

The links for the above sites are listed below:

OnToCollege: Login to Canvas

Crack ACT: ACT Test Prep: Free ACT online practice tests and real ACT tests download_CrackACT.com

Official ACT website: The ACT – Solutions for College and Career Readiness | ACT

Clear Path Advantage: ClearPath Advantage: Online ACT, SAT and GRE Prep Courses

Power Score: ACT Prep 

ACT test percentages: ACT test percentages