MH Girls Capture Wrestling State Title, Boys finish Runners-Up

KTLO

Courtesy of KTLO

The Mountain Home High School girls’ wrestling team came out on top of every event they competed in this year. On Wednesday, they finished the season in Little Rock with the ultimate prize. The Lady Bombers were crowned the champions of the Arkansas State High School Wrestling Tournament.

Mountain Home finished the tournament with 173 points. Searcy came in second with 129, and Fayetteville was third with 122.

Kylee Sabella, Amelia Frounfelter and Cayden Jones ended up as the individual state champions in their respective weight classes. Also for the Lady Bombers, Victoria Bevel and Amelia Adams came away with runner-up finishes, and Maranda Jones and Lauren Chafin had fifth-place finishes.

The Mountain Home High School boys’ wrestling team wrapped up the season Friday as the Class 5A runners-up in the Arkansas State High School Wrestling Tournament on the University of Arkansas at Little Rock campus. The Bombers came away with 172 points in the team standings. Greenwood left the Jack Stephens Center with the title with 293 points.

Austin Callies led Mountain Home, as he came away with the individual title in the 145-pound division. Aidan Richey and Drue Lindsey were runners-up in the 220 and the 113 respectively; Brayden Daniel, Lawson Stockton and Michael Davis took fourth in the 170, 160 and 126 respectively; and Elijah Lagg, Isaac Donais and Tristan Blount ended up fifth in the 195, 132 and 106 respectively.