MH Teams in Action This Week

Kassie Kratochvil, Reporter

Basketball

High school basketball makes up much of the local Tuesday schedule as Mountain Home’s girls will have their last road trips for two-and-a-half weeks. The Lady Bombers will continue conference play as they meet Greenbrier. The Bomber boys were scheduled to play, but both boys’ games have been postponed. 

Drue Lindsey said, ¨I’m no happy with it being delayed, but I don’t want anyone to get covid and us not get to finish the year out.¨

The girls are currently 2-14 on the season and 1-4 in the 5A-West. The Lady Bombers ended up losing at Greenwood on Friday. Greenbrier is 12-5 and 2-4. The Lady Panthers are coming off an easy win at Alma.

Wrestling

The Mountain Home High School wrestling teams will be back at the Hangar on Tuesday, as they are set to host Maumelle and Little Rock Christian. The action begins at 5 p.m. 

Victory continues for the girls’ team. The Lady Bombers went to the junior high campus on Monday to duel with West Plains and a win of 54-30. As of right now, the Lady Bombers are undefeated, going into conference.

The individual wins are from Amelia Adams, Emalyn Stephens, Kylee Sabella, Laurel Chafin, Victoria Bevel, Kassie Kratochvil, Maranda Jones, Amelia Frounfelter, and Riley Straka. Maranda Jones stated, ¨Before I wrestled, I was super nervous, but then I just got out there and did my thing, and I won!¨ 

Swim

Several Mountain Home High School swimmers were able to shine while competing in a meet at Russellville on Saturday.

The Bombers finished second on the boys’ side, as the host Cyclones won by 35 points. Noah Daugherty won the 100-yard breaststroke, and he joined Micah Cruse, Brandon Belicek, and Aidan Wilson to win the 200-yard freestyle relay.

Mountain Home ended up third on the girls’ side, as Russellville and Little Rock Christian were tied for the top spot. Joia Traver won the 200-yard and 500-yard freestyles, Maddie Lynch won the 100-yard butterfly, and Sierra Trogdon won the 100-yard backstroke.