FBLA to Host Virtual 5k

Olivia Martin, Reporter/Photographer

As MHHS goes virtual so do club meetings and activities. FBLA has organized a way for students and community members to keep involved in their school and keep active as well. On October 22-25 FBLA is hosting a virtual 5k. To participate in the 5k students can find the flyers posted around the school and scan the QR code at the bottom right-hand corner. Community members can contact Mrs. Sherri Smith at 980-425-1215 or email [email protected]. Registration is $25 and an extra $12 for a race t-shirt if the participant wants one. 

Mrs. Sherri Smith explains how the 5k will work, “This virtual 5K is designed for walkers or runners to participate at their convenience between October 22 – 25th. Paid participants will use their smartwatch or smartphone to track their distance, time, and date of their walk/run. Participants will email that information to [email protected] and are encouraged to post pictures of their activity to social media using #aspiretorunmh. All paid participants will receive a completer medal based on the data they submit to the email mentioned above for this event.” Students will also get a $5 discount when registering. Participants can pay with cash or check to Mrs. Smith in room 200 by October 20th. 

Giana Taylor a member of FBLA says: “If students want the $5 student discount they need to be registered by October 20th. Sign-ups are online or there is a registration form that can be filled out and turned in along with the money to Mrs. Smith in room 200. Checks need to be payable to MHHS FBLA. Since race is virtual, social distancing should not be an issue.

This is the first inaugural FBLA 5K run and we are excited to get this event underway.””

— Giana Taylor