Mr. Young’s self-made electronic repair company, BITS, takes flight at MHHS

Back to Article
Back to Article

Student Zachary Keville preparing to take out a battery for replacement

Logan Quisdorf

Logan Quisdorf

Logan Quisdorf

Logan Quisdorf, News, Upcoming Events, and Photography Editor

B.I.T.S., a student-led technology in-school business, was created in 2017 by Brody Jennings, an EAST (Environmental and Spatial Technology) student.  He came up with the acronym Bomber Information Technology Services: B.I.T.S. Brody set the procedures to be as close to an actual repair store as possible.  This gives the students as much real-world experience as possible. B.I.T.S. gives Mountain Home students the knowledge and the skill to repair items such as phones, tablets, computers, and much more. 

“Several students have jobs based on the fact that they were in the B.I.T.S program,” Mr. Young said.  

“The class needed approval from High School principal Mr. Bogy, Superintendent Dr. Long, and the Arkansas Department of Education.  The Department of Education had to approve the class concept and provide a course code. They seemed very enthusiastic about the services provided for the students and the opportunity provided to the students in the class,” said Mr. Young.

B.I.T.S. will fix cell phones and computers, upgrade computers, remove viruses, build custom pcs, repair gaming consoles, etc.  Parts and labor are donations to the B.I.T.S program. If staff or students need something repaired or upgraded, they can contact Mr. Young at ([email protected]) or stop by room 300.